Fact is, when we feel safe and are comfortable, we’re able to think more clearly and perform tasks more efficiently. Sadly, however, numerous workers in offices, industrial facilities, healthcare settings, and even business travelers working on the go, suffer from bad posture and resulting aches and pain caused by poorly designed workplaces and products.
Strains pains, and injuries resulting from poor posture, force, and repetition can become very costly. These injuries often present only minimal symptoms at first but gradually worsen and may even become debilitating.
The Solution: Ergonomics
The good news is that these painful, costly injuries are preventable in most cases with simple, ergonomic solutions.
AliMed’s supportive, easy-to-use ergonomic products and accessories play an essential role in supporting the overall health and safety of workers in any workplace and provide the following benefits:
- Improved comfort
- Increased productivity
- Improved morale
- Reduced costs associated with injury and downtime
There are several compelling reasons to create an ergonomic workspace:
- Eliminate pain – Implementing an office ergonomics program can help reduce the job-related discomfort and pain experienced by up to one-half of office workers today.
- Increase Productivity – By providing employees with the right ergonomic tools and equipment, and the proper training in how to set up their workstation, worker injury and illness rates decline and employees are more productive.
- Reduce Costs – Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) account for one-third of injury and illness costs in U.S. businesses. A workstation that is designed and set up to best support the worker promotes comfort and productivity and eliminates the postures that result in costly MSDs.
Ergonomists recommend equipping your office or facility with these must-have ergonomic solutions:
- Stools and Seating Mobility, and maximum adjustability combine to support staff of varying heights and weight.
- Height Adjustable Desks/Workstations Accommodates staff of all heights and allows for seated work option too.
- Monitor Arms/Monitor Risers Allows for easy adjustability for each worker, helping to reduce eye and neck strain.
- Keyboards & Keyboard Support Systems Ergonomic keyboard/keyboard trays adjust to the correct height for each worker and help keep wrists straight and elbows open slightly beyond 90 degrees, whether sitting or standing.
- Anti-fatigue Matting Reduces standing fatigue, improves productivity, and helps prevent slips and falls.
AliMed is a niche manufacturer and distributor with a vast portfolio of in-stock, high-quality office ergonomic products designed to improve workplace safety, comfort, and productivity. For nearly 50 years, our ergonomic solutions have supported the overall health and safety of workers in office, healthcare, and industrial settings by providing proper body positioning, comfort, and protection against the everyday stresses and strains that workers face.