Recently, a study found that office workers are more likely to suffer from back pain than manual workers due to poor postures at their desks. Another report found that 16% of office workers reported being in extreme pain at the end of the workday! Wow!!
You’ll find these and more sobering stats in Humantech’s cool new infographic: 10 Reasons Why You Need Office Ergonomics.
The infographic addresses these three areas:
- Pain – Implementing an office ergonomics program can help reduce the job-related discomfort and pain experienced by up to one-half of office workers today. By providing employees with proper training in how to set up a workstation, along with the right tools and equipment, injury and illness rates decline and employees are more productive.
- Cost – Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) account for one-third of injury and illness costs in U.S. businesses. A workstation that is set up based on the user’s anthropometry promotes good “sitting hygiene” and eliminates the postures that lead to MSDs.
- Changing Trends – The workplace is constantly changing. With advances in technology, people are sitting more, working longer, and working from home and other non-office locations.
Kudos to Humantech for compiling this useful tool. Be sure to check it out and pass it along to colleagues!
Evoluent™ VerticalMouse 4 supports hand in relaxed handshake position. New adjustable laser sensor controls pointer speed and can be adjusted without changing grip.The shape is thoughtfully sculpted for uncompromised comfort and easy-to-reach programmable buttons. No finger contortions are needed to operate the buttons.
Convenient Bluetooth capability. Top-mounted LEDs show selected pointer speed. Six programmable buttons, vertical scroll, auto click and click lock. Compatible with MAC only.
Now Only $103. Regularly $115. Save 10%!
Order Now. Sale Ends 5/29/13
Save up to 45% on select, must-have ergonomic products!
The Penguin helps reduce repetitive strain injury (RSI) and carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) by enabling right and left hands to share the workload. Helps prevent static muscle strain (SMS) in the arm and shoulder. Naturally comfortable, the vertical alignment encourages a more ergonomic operating position.
Go Left or Go Right
Ambidextrous design has a central “bow-tie” switch allows for easy transition between right and left handed use. Easy-glide symmetrical base allows the user to rest either hand comfortably alongside the vertical structure, encouraging the use of the bigger muscles in the fore and upper arm to maneuver the mouse. Fine cursor control is still achievable with small hand and/or finger movements. Precision performance laser for accurate tracking.
Benefits of the Penguin:
- An ergonomic breakthrough! Provides comfort while you click
- Helps reduce repetitive strain injury and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Helps prevent static muscle strain in the arm and shoulder
- Vertical alignment encourages a more ergonomic operating position
Learn more and order your Penguin Vertical Mouse today!
The Rockstick Mouse it is the world’s first vertical mouse that allows users to click by utilizing the strength of the entire hand and not just the fingers.
Pain Relief from Innovative Functionality & Design
The vertical handle design of the Rockstick Mouse allows the hand to remain in the handshake position, a position known to eliminate forearm twisting and thereby greatly reducing any pressure in the carpal tunnel area of the wrist. The Rockstick handle also allows for integrated palm support that ultimately prevents the user from wrist anchoring, a practice related to increased carpal tunnel pressure and wrist extension. Most importantly, Rockstick Mouse users click with their entire hand, not just the fingers, therefore avoiding the painful problems associated with repetitive finger overuse.
Benefits of the Rockstick Mouse:
• Rockstick is the world’s first vertical ergonomic mouse that allows users to click by utilizing the strength of the entire hand instead of the fingers alone
• Integrated palm support eliminates wrist anchoring
• Upright natural grip allows comfortable handshake position
• Keeps your wrist and fingers relaxed while computing
• Relieves and/or prevents computer-related mouse injuries, in particular, the numbness, weakness, tingling and pain associated with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS).
Rockstick Ergonomic Mouse #712731
Order your Rockstick Mouse here!
Don’t miss a single issue of AliMed’s ERGOeNews – your source for Ergonomic Solutions!
Sign up for Your ERGOeNews here!
Join Us for a Free Live Webinar This Month!
Thursday, March 14th, 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Today’s office workplace is a challenging, ever-evolving environment. New technology, remote work, and the increasing pace of business can have far-reaching effects on employee health and well-being. The hours you spend at your desk can take a toll on your health—especially if your workspace isn’t carefully designed.
This 60-minute FREE live webinar will explain how to address office ergonomics in five easy steps.
Specific topics will include:
• The principles of office ergonomics
• Signs and symptoms of common work-related illness and injuries
• How to quickly identify office ergonomic problems
• How to properly set up a workstation
• Specific features to consider when selecting office equipment
Sign up and save your spot here!
Are Ergonomic Solutions important to you?
Get practical, useful updates each month with ERGO eNews from AliMed.
Subscribe to ERGO eNews here!